Join Our Team
SSIC is not simply a place to work. It’s a place where highly motivated individuals come together with a shared vision of creating innovative, impactful services to solve our customers' most pressing cyber risk challenges.
- Responsible for the execution and delivery of specific cybersecurity assessments in support of X-Analytics, our proprietary, patented method for measuring and modeling risk, as defined by the senior consultant.
- Report directly to the X-Analytics senior consultant.
- Perform specific tasks or assessments related to customer engagements as defined by the senior consultant. In this role, the consultant is not assigned to a specific customer(s).
- Float across multiple teams to acquire a broader skillset.
- Participate in all required training exercises.
- Deliver all tasks or assessments on time to senior consultant for review and approval.
- Support the delivery of other relevant SSIC services as needed.
- One+ years of experience are typical for this role.
- Some cybersecurity or cyber risk experience, which could include experience from an internship, college projects, volunteer work, and/or secondary job responsibilities.
- Some hands-on experience with vulnerability testing tools, penetration testing tools, or other associated cybersecurity assessment tools.
- Some knowledge of the most common cybersecurity control frameworks, such as CIS CSC, NIST CSF, NIST 800-53 Revision 4, DHS CDM, ISO-27002:2013, and PCI DSS 3.0.
- Some project experience with ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate effectively, including the ability to work with remote individuals via Zoom, Slack, Skype, WebEx, and other remote workforce technologies.
- Sufficient written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact with leadership, peers, and customers.
- Some decision-making abilities, which includes solving problems, working through challenges, and setting expectations.
- Ability to work in an ever-changing environment.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to understand operational processes and procedures.
- A bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university.
- At least one industry certification, such as CISSP and PCI QSA.